COMMUNITY FOUNDATION LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT
The Community Foundation Leadership Programme is an opportunity for CEOs and senior staff to have time to think more deeply about themselves as leaders as well as how to create the conditions to grow ‘leaders of leaders’ in an ever changing and more complex environment and learn how to be systems leaders.
Key Programme Objectives
- Explore and develop personal leadership: who am I in the role, what I bring to the role and where do my development needs lie?
- Develop leaders of leaders
- Create a learning community which supports and creates new ways of thinking and doing.
- Provide a learning environment that enables participants to explore a variety of leadership and change ideas that they can then use in their day to day leadership practice.
Throughout the programme we will be inviting participants to think more deeply about leadership, the kind of leader they are, and the kind of leader they might aspire to be.
Learning activities will take place over six months, through:
- Three two-day, in-person facilitated workshops
- Recommended readings and activities to complete each week
- Action learning sets
- Individual or collaborative project work on a challenge or enquiry relevant to your organisation.
You can have a look at what the current cohort is working on in the Leadership Programme
The cost of programme facilitation is being covered by UKCF and our funders. Participants will each pay a contribution of £600 to cover materials, accommodation and meals for the residential elements of the programme. Travel to and from the venue is not included.
If you would like to be considered for cohort 4, or to register your interest in future cohorts (dates not yet set), please provide the following information in a Word document (submit by email) or complete your answers online.
- Job title
- Email address
- Phone number
- About you: a one paragraph bio
- Why are you interested in participating in this programme? What do you hope to learn? What do you hope to contribute?
- How would you define/describe leadership?
Applications are due by end of day on 23rd July.
By applying, you are agreeing to the following commitments and expectations:
Commitment to Full Participation:
- Attend all in-person meetings. Substitutes are not permitted.
- Prepare in advance by completing reading and other assignments/activities.
- Be willing to support and act as resources to each other inside and outside of network meetings.
- Commit to participating in evaluation by UKCF staff and/or outside evaluators.
Expectations of Environment:
- Engage in respectful peer interaction and commit to creating a confidential, trusting environment.
- Come prepared to share, listen, learn and be willing to push yourself.
- Report openly on progress, mid-course corrections and challenges.
- Have fun!
UK Community Foundations is a registered charity in England and Wales. Registered company in England and Wales . Registered address: Unit 1.04 Piano House, 9 Brighton Terrace, London SW9 8DJ. Registered company no. 2651777 | Registered charity no. 1004630. Copyright © 2021 All rights reserved.